- All-new 2017 Nissan TITAN PRO-4X selected as the pickup that "best matches the Rocky Mountain lifestyle"
- Tops other finalists, Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro and Honda Ridgeline AWD, to take distinguished independent media award
- TITAN PRO-4X half-ton – powered by Nissan's new 390-horsepower 5.6-liter Endurance® V8 engine – competes in the heart of the full-size pickup marketplace
- Covered by Nissan's "America's Best Truck Warranty"1 – featuring bumper-to-bumper coverage of 5-years/100,000-miles
- Award presented in conjunction with 2017 Denver Auto Show
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The all-new 2017 Nissan TITAN PRO-4X full-size pickup was named "2017 Rocky Mountain Truck of the Year" last night by the Rocky Mountain Automotive Press (RMAP). The media association includes automotive journalists throughout the Rocky Mountain region, including Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, Utah, Wyoming and Montana. The award was presented during the annual Charity Preview Party of the Denver Auto Show.
"The Rocky Mountain region is Nissan TITAN country, where its rugged design, powertrain, and durability can be put to the test every single day of every season," said Fred Diaz, division vice president and general manager, North America Trucks and Light Commercial Vehicles, Nissan North America, Inc. "The Denver Auto Show is one of the longest running auto shows in the country and we're proud to spotlight this important award in TITAN's growing trophy collection during the show."
"My own review of the Nissan TITAN revealed qualities that will appeal to consumers in the Rocky Mountain area," said David Muramoto, president, Rocky Mountain Automotive Press. "Nissan really paid attention to the kind of detail – build quality, ruggedness and the latest technology – truck buyers love. With several new cab options and bed lengths, the Nissan TITAN has the versatility to make it in the Rocky Mountain Region."
Like all TITAN half-ton models, the TITAN PRO-4X half-ton is powered by Nissan's new 390-horsepower 5.6-liter Endurance® V8 engine. First available in a roomy Crew Cab body, in both 4x4 and 4x2 configurations and in five well-equipped grade levels (S, SV, PRO-4X, SL and Platinum Reserve), the TITAN lineup added a new TITAN Single Cab body style (S and SV grade levels) to the lineup in November. The new TITAN King Cab (S, SV and PRO-4X grade levels) is scheduled to begin arriving at Nissan dealerships nationwide in the spring.
About the 2017 TITAN PRO-4X
The PRO-4X, one of five available TITAN half-ton and TITAN XD grade levels, is offered exclusively in a 4x4 drive configuration. Its long list of standard equipment includes LED projector headlamps with LED signature, two-tone paint, gloss metallic black paint on the grille surround and mesh grille, high-gloss gray front lower fascia and rear bumpers, and a bedside decal. Interior features include front driver and passenger Captain's seats, stain-resistant seat covering with a vinyl bolster and "PRO-4X" embroidery, leather-wrapped steering wheel and fold-flat rear seats with tie-down hooks and a storage box with lockable lid.
TITAN PRO-4X also includes a wealth of technology, such as Siri® Eyes Free2, Blind Spot Warning (BSW)3, Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)4 and RearView Monitor. In addition, PRO-4X includes standard tow mirrors, convex spotter mirror, Trailer Brake Controller, LED signature headlamps and cargo lamp and Trailer Light Check function (included on the key fob). TITAN PRO-4X bed features include a spray-on bedliner, flush-mounted LED bedrail lighting, cargo and tailgate lamps, 120-volt in-bed access and a damped tailgate.
The TITAN PRO-4X, like all 2017 TITAN and TITAN XD models, is covered by Nissan's "America's Best Truck Warranty"1 – featuring bumper-to-bumper coverage of 5-years/100,000-miles, whichever comes first.
The TITAN and TITAN XD, were developed with core Nissan planning, design, engineering and manufacturing teams contributing from Tennessee, California, Michigan, Arizona and Mississippi. The TITAN half-ton is assembled in Canton, Mississippi, with its V8 engines assembled in Decherd, Tennessee.
For more information on TITAN and the complete Nissan vehicle lineup, please visit www.NissanNews.com.
About Nissan North America
In North America, Nissan's operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program and has been recognized annually by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year since 2010. More information on Nissan in North America and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.NissanUSA.com and www.InfinitiUSA.com, or visit the U.S. media sites NissanNews.com and InfinitiNews.com.
About Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
Nissan is a global full-line vehicle manufacturer that sells more than 60 models under the Nissan, Infiniti and Datsun brands. In fiscal year 2015, the company sold more than 5.4 million vehicles globally, generating revenue of 12.2 trillion yen. Nissan engineers, manufactures and markets the world's best-selling all-electric vehicle in history, the Nissan LEAF. Nissan's global headquarters in Yokohama, Japan manages operations in six regions: ASEAN & Oceania; Africa, Middle East & India; China; Europe; Latin America and North America. Nissan has been partnered with French manufacturer Renault since 1999 and Mitsubishi Motors since 2016 under the Renault-Nissan Alliance.
About Rocky Mountain Automotive Press
The Rocky Mountain Automotive Press (RMAP) is a professional association created to enhance the standing of the media we represent, facilitate the exchange of information between auto manufacturers and our members, and ultimately to raise the level of the service we provide our readers, listeners and viewers. RMAP has members from Colorado, Nebraska, California, Iowa, Montana, Kansas, Utah, Wyoming, New Mexico, and Arizona. For more information, contact: Aaron Turpen, Vice President, RMAP. email@example.com
About the Denver Auto Show
The Denver Auto Show is one of the region's largest automotive shows and is also one of the oldest and longest-running automotive industry shows in the nation. The show is located at the Denver Convention Center in downtown Denver, Colorado and is open to the public from April 5, 2017 through April 9, 2017. More information can be found at DenverAutoShow.com.
# # #
- Claim based on years/mileage (whichever occurs first) covered under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty basic coverage. Ward's 2016 Large Pickup Segmentation and Small Pickup Segmentation v. 2017 TITAN and TITAN XD. Nissan's New Vehicle Limited Warranty basic coverage excludes tires, corrosion coverage and federal and California emission performance and defect coverage. Other terms and conditions also apply. See dealer for complete warranty details. Warranty claim is current at time of printing.
- Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. If you have to use this feature while driving, exercise extreme caution at all times so full attention may be given to the vehicle operation.
- Not a substitute for proper lane change procedures. The system will not prevent contact with other vehicles or accidents. It may not detect every vehicle or object around you.
- Not a substitute for proper backing procedures. May not detect all moving vehicles. Speed and other limitations apply. See Owner's Manual for details