The NISMO Off Road Frontier V8 concept takes the midsize truck to a new level of performance, ready for Baja-style desert running. In addition to stirring truck enthusiasts' imagination about personalizing their own Frontier, the concept shows off a range of new NISMO Off Road accessory parts that will be available from Nissan dealerships soon, as well as some prototype NISMO Off Road parts that may be available in the future.
Built by Forsberg Racing, the Nissan Frontier concept1 features the 5.6-liter V8 engine sourced from a TITAN full-size pickup truck, equipped with a custom NISMO Off Road cold air intake and cat-back exhaust system. The truck also has a wide-track suspension created with lower control arms, front spindles, wheel hubs and rear axle from a TITAN. The suspension also features custom upper control arms and NISMO/Bilstein coilover shocks and custom rear leaf spring pack with NISMO/Bilstein external reservoir shocks for increased ride height and payload capacity.
To help accommodate the new, wider suspension, the Frontier concept received a custom wide body kit with carbon fiber front fenders, hood and bedsides, plus a prototype NISMO Off Road front bumper that improves the truck's approach angle and tire clearance.
Additional components include:
- NISMO Off Road Axis 18 x 9 inch wheels with 295/70/18 mud-terrain tires
- Prototype NISMO Off Road rock rails
- NISMO Off Road roof rack
- Prototype NISMO Off Road in-bed spare wheel-and-tire carriers
- NISMO Off Road LED lighting
- Warn winch
Find more details about other Nissan 2022 SEMA debuts in the main event release.
# # #
- Concept vehicle shown at SEMA is not available for purchase. Modification could affect vehicle performance, safety, emissions or durability and may even violate governmental regulations. In addition, damage or performance problems resulting from modifications may not be covered under NISSAN warranties. Nissan does not assume responsibility as the final stage manufacturer for modified or altered vehicles. Nissan is not responsible for final certification, product liability claims, or warranty claims, resulting from any component, assembly, or system altered by or at the request of the body builder, conversion company, dealer or vehicle purchaser. Nissan is not responsible for modifications which cause the vehicle to become noncompliant with any of the motor vehicle safety standards, emissions regulations, or modifications that cause the vehicle to be or become defective or unsafe."