Founded in 1999, the Alliance, with its new partner Mitsubishi Motors, is the longest-lasting cross-cultural combination among major carmakers. This unique partnership is a pragmatic, flexible business tool that can expand to accommodate new projects and partners worldwide.
- The Alliance is a buffer to protect its partners during regional downturns, and it has accelerated Renault and Nissan's momentum in some of the world's fastest growing economies.
- The Alliance has helped Renault and Nissan outperform historic regional rivals, elevating both companies into an elite tier. As Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. acquired a 34 percent percent equity stake in Mitsubishi Motors on October 20, 2016, together Renault, Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors are in the top four car groups globally in 2016.
- Based on cross-shareholding and mutual self-interest, the Alliance business platform maximizes synergies without hurting brand identity. In order to achieve competitive economies of scale, many automakers are seeking out collaborations similar to the groundbreaking partnership that Renault and Nissan established 18 years ago.
Renault-Nissan Alliance 2016 Growth
- The Alliance continued to deliver sustainable growth in 2016 by deepening collaboration between its brands, and maximizing synergies.
- The combination of Nissan, Mitsubishi motors and Renault creates a new force in the global auto industry. It is one of the world's largest automotive groups, with the economies of scale, technological and manufacturing capabilities to produce vehicles to serve customer demand in every market and segment around the world.
Open the complete Renault-Nissan Alliance Facts and Figures 2017 PDF in English here (and in French here).
# # #