NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Nissan Rogue was named the winner of Cars.com's 2021 Compact SUV Challenge, a week-long evaluation of six of the most popular compact sport utility vehicles sold in the U.S. Testing of the vehicles included handling loops, plus evaluations of car seat accommodations, cargo space, interior quality and driver-assist feature availability.
“The 2021 Nissan Rogue caters to families with its luxurious interior with plenty of in-cabin storage and a comfortable backseat that treats passengers like first-class citizens thanks to rear sunshades, heated seats and rear climate controls,” said Jenni Newman, Cars.com editor-in-chief.
The Cars.com judges applauded the redesigned 2021 Rogue for its “well-executed interior and modern amenities and driving manners.” Other findings included:
- Rogue took top marks in four categories, including rear seat comfort and features, vehicle user interface (how users interact with the vehicle’s controls), multimedia (media feature offerings) and in-cabin storage — and scored well in many others
- Rogue nailed the important user interface category, which covers how easy it is to use the climate controls, multimedia system, steering wheel controls, gear selector, and other vehicle controls and settings
- Cars.com’s test vehicle, the Rogue Platinum, had a very family-friendly backseat, and Rogue’s rear automatic climate control — instead of passive vents — was one of two in the test with the feature, and it was the only one in the test with sunshades built into its rear doors, a coveted convenience feature if you’re carrying children
- The Rogue tied for first place in the powertrain category and had a four-way, first-place tie in driver-assistance technology
The 2021 Rogue has the most standard safety technologies in its class1, along with advanced technologies such as available ProPILOT Assist, available wireless Apple CarPlay® and a full-color 10.8-inch head-up display, 12.3-inch “Digital Dashboard” gauge cluster and 9.0-inch touch screen display.
“Rogue faced tough competition in this comprehensive real-world shakedown and came out on top – validation of its mix of expressive design, advanced technology, safety technologies, and ‘family hub’ comfort and versatility features,” said Jared Haslam, vice president, Product and Services Planning, Nissan U.S. and Canada.
Pricing for the 2021 Nissan Rogue starts at $26,050 for the Rogue S FWD model2.
For more information about our products, services and commitment to sustainable mobility, visit nissanusa.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and see all our latest videos on YouTube.
CARS is a leading digital marketplace and solutions provider for the automotive industry that connects car shoppers with sellers. Launched in 1998 with the flagship marketplace site Cars.com and headquartered in Chicago, the Company empowers shoppers with the data, resources and digital tools needed to make informed buying decisions and seamlessly connect with automotive retailers. In a rapidly changing market, CARS enables dealerships and OEMs with innovative technical solutions and data-driven intelligence to better reach and influence ready-to-buy shoppers, increase inventory turn and gain market share.
# # #
1. AutoPacific Segmentation. 2021 Rogue vs. latest in-market competitors. See Owner's Manual for safety information. Availability of features vary by vehicle model year, model, trim level, packaging and options. Base Models Compared. Based on manufacturers' websites.
2. MSRP excludes applicable tax, title, license fees and destination charges. Dealer sets actual price. Prices and specs are subject to change without notice. Destination and handling $975.