NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Nissan was today named as the "Best Car Lineup" in Newsweek magazine and digital publications’ inaugural Newsweek Auto Awards. This honor was given to Nissan after extensive evaluations, which included usage of the vehicle’s features, measuring specifications, and thorough driving activities.

"Nissan’s car lineup continues to offer sedan buyers a lot of what they are looking for. Versa, Sentra, Altima, LEAF and Maxima are high-quality models with budget-friendly price tags and an impressive roster of standard and available safety and driver-assist features," explained Eileen Falkenberg-Hull, senior editor, Autos, Newsweek.

Vehicles considered for this "Best Car Lineup" award were ranked by category, with features and specifications points making up 75 percent of the score. The other 25 percent was based on driving impressions. The vehicle scores were averaged to come up with a product line score. That score was used to determine the winner.

"It’s an honor to be recognized as a brand and especially for our vibrant Nissan sedans and pioneering LEAF EV," said Michael Colleran, senior vice president, Nissan U.S. and Marketing and Sales. "The Newsweek Auto Awards’ emphasis on vehicle content reinforces our goal to pack every one of our models with the highest levels of family comfort and convenience features, driver-assistance and safety technologies and thrilling performance at attainable prices."

The print version of the auto awards story will be available on newsstands Nov. 12, 2021.

For more information about our products, services and commitment to sustainable mobility, visit You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and see all our latest videos on YouTube.

About Newsweek
Newsweek is a premier news magazine and website that has been bringing high-quality journalism to readers around the globe for over 80 years. Newsweek provides the latest news, in-depth analysis and ideas about international issues, technology, business, culture and politics. In addition to its online and mobile presence, Newsweek publishes English print editions in the United States, Europe/Middle East/Africa and Asia as well as editions in Japanese, Korean, Polish, Serbian and Spanish.

# # #

Media Contacts

Jeff Wandell
Product Communications – EVs/Crossovers

Jonathan Buhler
Nissan Product Communications – Sports Cars and Sedans

Issued by Nissan


We use cookies to provide you with an innovative and exciting website. Please allow the use of cookies by clicking the "Accept" button or simply continue browsing.

For more information please view our Cookies Information.